Monday, May 18, 2009

shower curtain=valance

I got this amazing idea from Shannon and had already exhausted my Hobby Lobby budget for the week. ( they are having a 66% off sale on some amazing home decor right now! I got the wrought iron wall hanging above my window for 6 bucks!) I do not have much patience, and once I see a project I want to do, I have to do it now! So my little brain started ticking and this is what I came up with! Instead of expensive upholstery fabric, I used a shower curtain!
I cut it into strips

glued fringe to the bottom


and secured with upholstery tacks! Instant, no sew valance!



5 comments:

Shannon said...

It looks great! I love how simple window treatments can be to make! :) Great idea with the shower curtain!

PS I love your magnet board too!

Jeppson Clan said...

It does look great. Please come to my house and get to work! :)

Jessica said...

great idea! it looks fabulous! love the great deal on your wrought iron!

Amanda.Sedeno said...

LOVE IT! Super cute and looks easy enough that even I wont mess it up-too much! :D Here's hoping!

General Tom said...

Thanks for share good post. Useful information, keep it up. I like your post.