Friday, May 15, 2009

Magnet Board And Vases

I have been wanting to make a magnet board for some time, but didn't realize sheet metal was so pricey! Maybe I am looking in the wrong places? I asked Hubby if there ever happened to be any scraps around his work site (He is a bridge builder-Civil Engineer:) And he said sometimes. I think he was getting really tired of me asking him first thing when he got home if he found any of this precious metal! So, yesterday while browsing Good Will a light bulb went off when I saw this ugly tray for a buck!
A little white spray paint, and I have the perfect little magnet board for my laundry room!

I have seen these vases numerous times around blog land and wanted to give it a shot, so I picked these up at Good Will as well.


A little of hubby's twine was all it took to spruce these cheap vases up!
~SS






16 comments:

Natalie Meester said...

great ideas! I love the white dish turned magnet board!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohh, I love the space between the twine! It looks great! I like that a lot, better than mine I think!

Cathy said...

I wish I was half as crafty as you! I love the twine vases and the magnet board.

theferrisoneofall said...

Love 'em!

BTW I am Ashley's sister in case you were wondering. We met at her wedding. She told me about your blog and my friend and I have been loving your blog/craftiness.

Jeppson Clan said...

Both projects are awesome! Where did you get the flowers that are in your vases?

Enchantresses Three said...

Honestly Jam, did you really have to ask? Hobby Lobby of course!

TwoHeartsTogether said...

love the vases!! how did you secure the twine? hot glue gum or tacky glue?

Enchantresses Three said...

I used my trusty dollar store glue gun:)

Nicole said...

Sari, I'm absolutely loving this blog!! Thanks so much for all these ideas!!

Heidi said...

What a great idea!! I love them! You make me happy! :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Just found your blog via Tip Junkie and love LOVE love it!! You have SO many amazing ideas...thanks for sharing!! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I messed up my last comment.
Very cool that we are both on Tip Junkie today! I love both of these projects! I like how you left a space at the top of your vases. So pretty!!

PinkBalloons&Macaroons said...

darling!! love them!! I hope you have a fabulous day!! hugs!! Britt :-)

Make14Me.Com said...

i love what you have done with the vase...up cycle and recycle...many more

Jenette said...

Oh wow! That is so awesome! I have some metal trays that I didn't know what to do with! Perfect! Thanks for the posting!