Wednesday, May 6, 2009

chalk board

I bought this plate at goodwill yesterday for a buck. I have seen some beautiful platters turned into chalk boards and wanted to give it a try! I spray painted the plate white, then painted with chalkboard paint in the middle.
I know the circle is crooked, I was too excited to tape out a circle, next time I will. I like how it turned out. I want to put it in my laundry room as soon as I am done decorating it. I have found such wonderful inspiration on so many blogs! I cant wait to post about my new laundry room!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I want to try this out myself. Where do you buy chalkboard paint?

Enchantresses Three said...

I got the chalk board paint at Lowes, they have it at hobby lobby as well!

Emily said...

Cute idea!

Megan said...

Yay! Another dang cute idea for me to do! Lovin' this blog....

Adena said...

I had seen this idea before. I made several of these plates for Christmas presents last year and kept a couple for myself.