Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pottery Barn, Schmottery Barn

I have several amazing friends in my life. One in particular (J.K.) was inspired by these images from Pottery Barn. The diner sign and American flag.



Instead of paying the $129 for EACH one, she created her own versions.
Diner:


American Flag
Please pardon my horrible photography skills. The pictures don't do them justice. They look even more amazing in person.
Her cost: $0. That's right zero.
I'm working on a post from our painting session where she helped me create some wall art for my boys' empty walls. So stay tuned.
~J.J.

12 comments:

Sariahfied said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! I love them sooo much! I want some bad! They are Kick Awesome!

Amanda.Sedeno said...

WOW!! What a great job she did!! And BTW: Hers look MUCH better!!!
Wish i had a crafty friend who could paint :D

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I like her's MUCH more!

Shaela said...

I agree. The homemeade signs look better than the inspiration. I love old signs.

Shaela said...

homemade ... oops

Sarah Payne said...

What a great idea. It looks just as good as the Pottery Barn ones! I am inspired.

Baker Bunch said...

Those are so amazing! Can't wait to see how she did them for free.

Nicole said...

Super Cute!!

Yvonne said...

Wow you are so talented! I will just buy them from you:)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I love them! My sister-n-law and I make signs and sell them. We are always looking for great ideas. Never thought of doing foody signs before. She did a great job.

Heidi said...

She needs to do a tutorial paint how-to for all of us who failed art class.. at least I can enjoy other's work! Great ideas!

Jenny Jones said...

Great job on the signs! Isn't it great when you can make something better then the original (especially when the original is soo expensive) Thank you for the inspiration to make things. Then I can enjoy the process and save my money!