Monday, February 25, 2013

Bling and Lace Cookie Buffet

I was asked to do a dessert party favor for a friend's baby shower. I had been wanting to try a cookie buffet and thought this was the perfect opportunity. 

I combined elements of lace and bling...what else for a baby girl!  Here I made a garland out of doilies and stenciled "sweet baby" on them. Tiny clothes line clips with tiny flower blossoms held them together.  


I replaced the existing knobs with these blingin' butterfly knobs that I found at Michaels. Little doilies underneath, as well as a label for the cookie, softened the metal lid.  

Thank goodness for friends that helped bake a few dozen for the event!

We had sugar, peanut butter temptations, classic chocolate chip, smore's bars, pumpkin choc.chip w/maple frosting, white chocolate chip oatmeal, and snickerdoodles. 

The guests loved filling their bags on the way out! 

I found tin tied bags with windows on Amazon and embellished with this adorable graphic I found online(I am kickin myself I can't remember where, sorry), along with a doilie and some lace. 

Sweet and Simple.

I was only in charge of the cookie buffet but here are a few pics of the rest of the shower. Nan and Kristine you are amazing. So fun!



No comments: